Blueberries everywhere, strawberries all year round and the health values of raspberries and blackberries are the talk of the town. To give just one example: there are significantly more blueberries sold in the home garden market today than currants (all colours and shapes) and gooseberries combined. What happens to the specialties? Do they still belong in the assortment? Can one continue to breed them? Markus Kobelt and Frederik Vollert discuss these questions in this podcast: why black is the new berry colour...
You have the option of playing the podcast as audio or video.
Audio: Cassissima® und Confi® berries – why black is the new fruit colour...
Video: Cassissima® und Confi® berries – why black is the new fruit colour...
- Why does Lubera care about such “Cinderella” fruit varieties?
- Is it worth it?
- What are the breeding goals?
- What does the current cassis range look like?
- What is the status of powdery mildew resistance?
- And what are the specialties?
- Is there a need for Josta at all?
- What exactly are Josta plants and how did they come about?
- Josta breeding at Lubera
- What is your breeder's dream with Josta and Cassissima®?