A look into the history of rhubarb reveals a great past. The Arabs brought the root of the barbarians, which is the transcription of the Latin/botanical name of rhubarb, to Europe. The Russian Tsar later claimed a trade monopoly on rhubarb roots. It was only towards the end of the early modern period (at the beginning of the 18th century) that rhubarb was rediscovered as a vegetable plant. At that time, rhubarb was not cultivated much compared to other fruit and vegetable species. Great things can be expected for the future.
You have the option of playing the podcast as audio or video.
Audio: Not all rhubarb is the same
Video: Not all rhubarb is the same
- A short excursion into the history of rhubarb
- Lubera® and rhubarb cultivation
- How do rhubarb taste - the results of the degustation
- The advantages of Lubera Edibles young plants
- A brief look at the cultivation of rhubarb plants in containers