After all, Lubera originated as a fruit and berry specialist, and Lubera Edibles and its predecessor and partner company Mayer produces and mainly sells berry young plants. Why are we now suddenly offering vegetables? And now Lubera is also starting to breed in the vegetable sector – do we even have a chance against the giants on the market? Markus Kobelt, interviewed by Frederik Vollert, talks about the why and wherefore of vegetable breeding at Lubera and also reveals many things about the project portfolio.
You have the option of playing the podcast as audio or video.
Audio: Vegetable breeding at Lubera®
Video: Vegetable breeding at Lubera®
- How do you get from fruit and berries to vegetables?
- Are there really synergies?
- Checking in again on the home garden approach: is it really that much different?
- What criteria do you use now to select the species that you bred? Is it all on a whim?
- Vegetative propagation of tomatoes and eggplants? What is the vision there?
- What is the current breeding portfolio?
- When will the first results be available?
Read also our blog articles about vegetables