It sounds like a plant breeder's Christmas wish list: a perennial plant that is easy to grow in our garden and in pots; it is sustainable and simple with leaves that contain a natural sweetener called rubusoside and other healthy ingredients that are 200 times sweeter than sugar. The dream comes true with the Sweetleaf® raspberry, which will be available starting this spring! This will give the hobby gardener a valuable and, above all, much easier to grow alternative to stevia or “normal”, more harmful sugar.
You have the option of playing the podcast as audio or video.
Audio: The Sweetleaf® raspberry – the healthy green, calorie-free sugar from your own garden
Video: The Sweetleaf® raspberry – the healthy green, calorie-free sugar from your own garden
- What is the Sweetleaf® raspberry?
- How sweet is it?
- What exactly makes it sweet?
- What are the other health benefits?
- How are the leaves harvested? What's the point of having a plant?
- How can I grow it?
- How hardy is it?
- Can it be grown in the garden or in a pot?